I’m Zach, an OCD advocate, professional speaker, podcast host, and author of “You’re Not Alone.” I was diagnosed with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder in 2016. I’ve been there. Severe anxiety, deep depression and intrusive thoughts of suicide. After hitting my rock bottom, I sought help and started to recover. Now it’s my mission to help you find your path to recovery and live courageously.
I’m passionate about sharing my story of reclaiming my life after experiencing the onset of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder in 2016. Here’s what Zach could cover if you partnered together:
- Smashing the Stigma of Mental Health: Zach will help you destigmatize and normalize mental health with your audience by openly sharing his journey of recovery after being diagnosed with a chronic brain disorder known as Obsessive Compulsive Disorder in 2016. He shares his story of struggle and recovery to free others suffering in silence, so they know they’re not alone and that hope for recovery is possible.
- Mental Health Tools for Recovery: Zach will share with your audience how to create a “Brain Health Blueprint”, an individualized plan that can be implemented immediately to help cope with stress, anxiety, and depression. He will help listeners understand exactly where to start to get help and how to utilize the most effective treatment options.
- How to Spot & Treat Symptoms of Anxiety, Depression, and Suicide
- How to Help Teens and Young Adults Cope with Stress, Anxiety and Depression
- Parenting: How to Build a Mental Health Friendly Household
PRESS & MEDIA
Why Lived Experiences Should Inform Workplace Mental Health Programs.Read Article
Why everyone should prioritize mental health, work to end the stigma.Read Article
Mental health impacts everything with Zach Westerbeck about Covid-19 social media.Read Article
“You’re Not Alone”: Mental health advocacy for college students.Read Article
Our Ambassadors - Meet Zach Westerbeck, certified professional speaker, advocate, and college success coach. Learn more about Zach and his Wild Moves here!Read Article
Brain Waves: The Meaning of Mindfulness with Zach Westerbeck and Dr. Megan Jones Bell.Read Article
Zach Westerbeck, author of You are Not Alone, talks about his own journey with mental health crises and how it led him to become a mental health public speaker.Read Article
Q&A: Mental health public speaker discusses symptoms and ways to seek help for mental health issues.Read Article
Support networks crucial for mental health wellness experts sayRead Article
Campus Queries: What can I do if I’m worried about a friend’s mental health?Read Article
Prioritizing mental health remains important during COVID-19 pandemicRead Article
Crisis Food Related Resources: Local area food resources.Read Article
Here is our list of the best books on depression to help you. These self-help reads are written by experts across diverse fields.Read Article
Overcome by Taboo Intrusive Thoughts: A Personal Story of Triumph by Zach WesterbeckRead Article
A discussion with IOCDF National Advocate Ethan Smith and mental health speaker Zach Westerbeck.Read Article
A Premiere Video Release on Sexual Intrusive Thoughts will be shown before Live with Liz begins.Read Article